Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Spring

Spring in this area brings 2 things.......
bluebonnets and tornadoes.

One good, one bad. We've gotten to experience both in the last few days.

We took the children for bluebonnet photos on Saturday....and again on Sunday. It was an experience and I have gained respect and admiration for my father. Year after year, getting that Christmas photo was an exercise in self restraint. I'm lucky my snotty 14 year old self didn't get put out on the curb. Why oh why don't children understand that 5 minutes of cooperation would END THE PROCESS? ha ha. They will get it when they are parents!!


Actually, after the fiasco Saturday, we returned Sunday and were over and done in 10 minutes. We knew exactly where to place the kids in regards to the sun....and the kids knew there was a capri-sun and a cupcake in their future if they gave us their best! And they did.

The tornado....not so fun. The sirens went off last night and our party of five was huddled around the porcelain throne of our powder bath. There is nothing more disconcerting than realizing you have more children than you have arms. #2 was terrified of the sirens and #1....well....we let him bring his gameboy in the bathroom so he was totally cool. #3 thought the whole thing was really fun and I was nearly wetting my pants once the hail hit.

Obviously, a tornado didn't touch down here and we are all safe... but WHEW. I really miss my basements!!

Here are my sweet little critters. Critters, for sure...but they are just the sweetest things.






No comments: